This RCE-691TA the new Rinnai Silent Server vent free gas heater like the older RCE models. This is the larger of the two current fan convectors models available that will heat up to 1,000 square feet of living space under normal conditions.
- 99.9% Efficient
- Cool-to-the-touch cabinet
- Modulating Technology
- Programmable Thermostat
- Child-Safety Lock
- Digital, Adaptive Control
- Electronic Ignition - No Pilot Light
- On Board Self-Diagnostics for Easier Maintenance
- Tilt Switch
- Push-Button, Electronic Ignition
- Rinnai Model Numbers: RCE-691TA-N (Natural gas) RCE-691TA-P (Propane)
- Gas Rate Input For Natural Gas (BTU/hour) Low - 8,400 Low - 24,000 High
- Gas Rate Input For Propane Gas (BTU/hour) Low - 8,000 Low - 22,000 High
- Electrical Connection: AC 120V, 60 Hz, 25 watts
- Gas Connection: 1/2 inch Female NPT
- Combustion System: Ceramic Burner
- Ignition System: Electronic spark ignition
- Fan CFM Output: Low: 109.5 High: 215.4
- Temperature Settings: Low (LO): minimum combustion 60° - 80° F in 2° increments High (HI): maximum combustion
- Temperature Control: Electronic thermostat
- Weight 26.5 Lbs
- Clearance from Combustibles: Side: 2 inches, Top: 2 inches, Front: 30 inches, Back: 2 inches, Bottom: 0 inches
- Noise Level Low-28dB High-38dB
- Warm Air Outlet: Bottom front louvers
- Maximum Installation Elevation: 2,000 Feet
- Overheat Switch: The appliance will automatically shut down when the appliance exceeds a predetermined temperature.
- Flame Failure Device: The appliance will automatically shut down if the burner flame is extinguished.
- Oxygen Depletion Sensor: If the oxygen level in the room drops below a preset limit, this sensor disables the gas supply to the heater.
- Tilt Switch: If the heater is knocked over, the tilt switch will disable the gas supply. The fan will continue to purge. Convection fan continues to run after burner shutdown to cool internal parts.
- Child Lock: Prevents inadvertent operation.
- Power Failure: The appliance will disable the gas supply if it loses electrical power.
- Fuse: The electrical circuits are protected by a fuse. When the 5 amp fuse blows, the heater will not operate until the 5 amp fuse is replaced.
Attention: This appliance is intended for supplemental heating only. The International Fuel Gas Code Standard 620-6 "Prohibited Use" states that "One or more unvented room heaters shall not be used as a sole source of comfort heating in any dwelling".