Gas Grill Recipes Page 4
Grilled Salmon Recipe:
Preparation Time: 10-20 minutes
- 4 Salmon Fillets
- Canola Oil
- Brush each fillet with canola oil and grill on medium heat. Grill on your Fiesta barbecue until salmon turns pink, approximately 6 minutes per inch of thickness on each side.
- Remove salmon from grill and drizzle lightly with soya-ginger vinaigrette (see Grilled Asian Vegetables in Soya Ginger Vinaigrette).
Recommended Side Dish Recipes for Grilled salmon recipes:
Serve with Grilled Asian Vegetables in Soya Ginger Vinaigrette.
Barbequed Salmon Recipe:
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: Approx. 15 minutes
- 4 8 oz Portions of Atlantic Salmon
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 2.21lbs Rock Salt or Coarse Salt
- Finely Chopped Herbs
- Assorted Baby Vegetables--Carrots, Beets, Turnips, Potatoes
- 1 tsp White Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. White Wine
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tsp 35% cream
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter, cold
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chives, chopped
- Salt & White Pepper
- All the vegetables can be pre-cooked until tender-crisp, and cooled in ice water. By pre-cooking the vegetables, they can be reheated either in the microwave, in a boiling water bath, or on the grill. Lightly brush the portioned salmon with oil and season with pepper and fresh herbs--no salt.
- Place cast iron pan on grill to pre-heat. Sear the salmon on the grill to seal in the natural juices.
- Place a bed of coarse sea salt--not table salt!--in the cast iron pan, then place the seared salmon on top. Season the salmon again with pepper and chopped fresh herbs, then cover with coarse sea salt.
- Close the lid of the grill and cook the salmon until it is firm to the touch. Brush some salt off the top of the salmon and replace if more cooking is required.
- When the salmon is placed into the cast iron pan, start the chive butter: Place the vinegar, wine and shallots in a small pan and reduce to a syrup. Add cream and reduce a little more. Add the cold butter and whisk in until melted and well-blended. Season and add fresh chives.
- When the salmon is cooked (approximately 15 minutes), heat the baby vegetables. Toss in oil and seasoning and divide between four plates. Take the salmon out of the cast iron pan and, using a pastry brush, brush off all the salt. Place the salmon in the center of the plate on top of the baby vegetables and drizzle the chive butter over the salmon and the vegetables.
Atlantic Salmon can be bought pre-portioned, or you can buy an entire side--make sure that the salmon is fresh, having no smell, no slime and that it is firm to the touch.
Barbeque Shrimp Quesadillas:
Preparation Time 15 minutes
Marinate Time 6 hours
- 4 Jumbo Shrimp, vein removed but shell left on OR 8 Smaller Shrimp
- 4 Soft Tortilla Shells, 7-inch
- Olive Oil, for brushing tortillas
- 1 cup Grated Monterey Jack Cheese
- Tomato Salsa, for garnish (optional)
- Ingredients for Shrimp Marinade:
- 1/4 cup Olive Oil
- 5 large Garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup Chopped Parsley
- 1/4 cup Red Wine
- Combine marinade ingredients and pour over shrimp. Marinade for 6 hours.
- Barbeque shrimp over high heat with shells on and push to one side of the grill. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Lightly brush flour tortillas with olive oil and grill lightly on one side, turn and place 1/4 cup of Monterey Jack Cheese on each of two of the tortillas. Grill until cheese starts to melt and bottom of tortilla is lightly toasted.
- Remove from grill and place on cutting board. Sandwich the tortillas together and with a sharp knife cut into 4 sections. Place a grilled shrimp on each quarter. Garnish with tomato salsa, if desired.
Preparation Time 45 minutes
- 8 Jumbo Shrimp, raw, peeled and de-veined
- 1 bunch Arugula, washed gently and picked through
- 1 Red Pepper, grilled and peeled
- 1 Yellow Pepper, grilled and peeled
- 2 tsp. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 4 Rice Paper Wrappers
- Salt & Pepper
- Dipping Sauce (equal parts honey and whole grain mustard)
- Skewer shrimp lengthwise so that they will cook straight.
- Grill shrimp over high heat, cool and slice. Arugula bruises easily, so wash it carefully and set aside until shrimp is cooked. Slice the grilled peppers into 1/4" slices.
- Soak the wrappers in water until soft and malleable. Lay the wrapper out flat, and layer the arugula, sliced peppers and shrimp one by one. Roll it all together. Sprinkle with cilantro. Keep the rice wrappers in layers of damp tea towels to prevent them from drying out.
- Use equal parts of honey and whole grain mustard to make sauce for the rolls.