The Big Green Egg Company warrants to the original purchaser of a new Big Green Egg which is used under normal home conditions against any of the occurrences listed in this document that result from defects in material or workmanship.
The Big Green Egg extends a lifetime warranty to the original purchaser whose name appears on the purchase invoice, and who has registered the warranty with The Big Green Egg's offices.
Five Year Coverage:
The metal draw bands holding the hinge assembly to the body and top of the Egg are warranted against loss of structural integrity for five years, subject to proof of purchase and the conditions and limitations listed below.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights which vary from State to State.
All obligations of The Big Green Egg under this document commence on the date the Original Purchaser purchases the Big Green Egg. Five year coverage expires on the fifth (5th) anniversary of the Purchase Date. Proof of purchase is required to validate this warranty.
Defective Eggs will be replaced upon return to The Big Green Egg's offices. The Big Green Egg will not be liable for any transportation charges originating with the shipper (i.e customer), packaging costs or export/import duties, or levied taxes.
CONDITIONS AND LIMITATIONS
1. Metal Draw Bands - The Big Green Egg takes every precaution to utilize materials that retard rust by using high temperature paint where advisable. Even with these safeguards, the protective coatings can be compromised by various substances or conditions beyond The Big Green Egg's control. High temperatures combined with excessive humidity, chlorine, industrial fumes, fertilizers, lawn pesticides and salt are some of the substances that can effect paint on metal coatings. For these reasons, the warranty of the metal bands is limited to five (5) years, and DOES NOT COVER RUST OR OXIDATION unless there is a loss of structural integrity on the component.
2. Except as provided in this section, repair or replacement of parts in the manner and for the period of time stipulated hereunder shall constitute the fulfillment of all direct and derivative liabilities & obligations from The Big Green Egg.
3. This limited warranty does not cover damage caused by misuse, accidents, commercial use, mechanical alterations, negligence, or improper care, natural or accidental disasters.
4. Not covered by this warranty: gasket and dome thermometer.
5. Starter lighter fluid is not to be used to start the fire inside the Big Green Egg. Pouring liquids on the Big Green Egg flame will void this warranty.
6. The Big Green Egg does not extend the warranty to chips or cracks of the exterior glaze which may have occurred after the Egg was sold by the manufacturer to the distributor or dealer. If your Egg has any cracks or chips on it at the time of purchase, these must be noted on your purchase invoice.
THE FINE PRINT
The warranty SHALL NOT APPLY nor will The Big Green Egg assume responsibility for damages that might result from failure to follow codes, or to an Egg which has been tampered with or altered in any way, except as directed by The Big Green Egg, or which, in The Big Green Egg's judgment, has been subjected to misuse, neglect or accident.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED BY LAW, ALL STATUTORY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, SHALL NOT EXTEND BEYOND THIS WARRANTY. LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL SPECIAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES IS EXCLUDED.
The Big Green Egg shall not be liable for any default or delay in the performance under the warranty caused by any contingency beyond The Big Green Egg's control, including without limitation war, government restrictions or restraints, strikes, fire, floods or reduced supply of raw materials.